To provide field-based service and support to our predominantly corporate clients. The successful candidate will be expected to work on own initiative however will be part of a service team where support will be provided, if required, by the in-house technical support engineer over the phone. Servicing and supporting audio visual, video conferencing, pro audio, and control equipment. Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation, and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display, and presentation technologies. Carrying out preventative maintenance visits. Training end users where required at PM visits.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responding to service tickets.
- Accurately and quickly diagnose and remedy faults and problems.
- Troubleshoot AV systems and equipment.
- Understand the contractual requirements of each client.
- To ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes / frameworks.
- To provide advice, support, and training to end users whenever necessary.
- Diagnose and rectify faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum and ensure complete closeout and turn-over of jobs to the client.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
Audio Video solutions could include the following:
Polycom, Cisco, Pexip, Google, Microsoft SFB/Teams, TelePresence video conferencing systems; Biamp, ClearOne, or Extron DSPs; Dante; Evertz; VBrick technology; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, QSC, Digital Signage Systems; Crestron, AMX, or Utelogy Controls; Cisco Unified Communications; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras, Video Walls
Will involve travel across UK and Europe.
Reporting to Service Manager EMEA.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Have good underpinning technical knowledge of Electronics and Audio-Visual Systems with an engineering (preferably service) background within the AV industry.
- Ideally 5 years minimum experience in AV engineering role, though juniors will be considered.
- A formal AV qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in IP and telephony-based video conferencing systems.
- Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment.
- Fully conversant with audio DSP based technologies, gain structure and the requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based programming and control technology.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and drawings.
- Experience in the testing, fault finding, servicing, maintenance, engineering, and installation of audio-visual systems.
- Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
- Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application.
- Capable of good communication skills both verbal and written, being able to communicate with company executives to building contractors.
- Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem.
- Understands the needs of customers and satisfies them.
- Always presents a positive image to the customer.
- Ensures that all aspects of work are completed to the highest standard.
- Strong client facing skills and customer-focus with an understanding of the sensitivities when providing remote support.
- Be able to work on own initiative and accept accountability and be able to effectively mentor others.