We are looking for an Onsite AV Engineer to provide our client with onsite engineering services, including troubleshooting, installation and maintenance of electronic communication systems including but not limited to video conferencing, audio visual, projection, pro audio, video, and control. You will be responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation, and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display, and presentation technologies. Installing and servicing systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum down time and maximum performance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure a prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all customer requests for assistance and support, working to defined service level agreements and within contractual timeframes / frameworks.
- Accurately and quickly diagnose and remedy faults and problems. Troubleshoot electronic systems and equipment, and repair down to electronic component level.
- Undertake preventive maintenance of customer equipment.
- Reading and interpreting wiring diagrams, schematics, and drawings and reporting and remedying any discrepancies.
- Carry out routine testing of portable and installed equipment to diagnose, log and repair faults, ensuring the working condition, calibration and ongoing maintenance of all test equipment, tools, and associated hardware.
- Accurate tracking of the client’s hardware inventory.
- Maintain accurate and current company and customer files, updating all manuals, safety practices, and technical information held.
- Work with support technicians to assist in the diagnosis and rectification of faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional and that equipment and system down time are kept to a minimum and ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client or service department.
- Research and obtain information on position specific training opportunities.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Ensure all work is performed to the Company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
- Other duties as required or assigned by company management
Key Skills required by the post holder
- A formal AV qualification, or equivalent, is desirable.
- Recognised qualification in electronic engineering or equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- A full working knowledge of communications, networking, audio-visual systems, and system components is essential.
- Fully conversant with audio DSP based technologies, gain structure and the requirements of sound reinforcement within the presentation environment.
- Proven experience in the testing, fault finding, servicing, maintenance, engineering and installation of electronic audio-visual systems, or related field.
- Knowledge of touch screen and web-based programming and control technology.
- Experience in IP and telephony-based video conferencing systems.
- Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment.
- A checkable knowledge of Crestron DM systems.
- Being able to prioritize and work under pressure is essential.
- Strong client facing skills and customer-focus with an understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site and when providing remote support.
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
- Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application or meet a deadline.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to demonstrate planning, organising, and implementing skills which ensure the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
Ability to work on own initiative and as a part of the team, providing workings standards to the highest specification within a Corporate Head Office Building.