To assist the company’s account managers and sales staff, principally those operating in London.
To respond to, and be responsible for the management, costing and technical verification of AV
tenders, quotations, designs, and other costing for general AV systems from initial client enquiry
through to order placement. To provide support to account managers and new business sales
staff in progressing sales opportunities including development of proposals.
What you will be doing?
- To maintain a good technical understanding and working knowledge of the systems sold
- Technical interpretation of client and consultant specifications
- Production of costing sheets and quotes
- Acting as a Bid Manager when required on AV RFPs
- Interpretation and production of systems schematics
- Downloading and printing tender requests
- Production of support information
- Liaise with builders, contractors, and consultants
- Liaise with clients and potential clients
- Determination of product and labour solutions
- Act as a technical guide for other sales consultants
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and be able to liaise with Company Staff of all levels as well as outside contacts, clients, and potential clients.
- Be customer focused putting the customer first with ability to build client relationships, identify needs and deal with all client situations effectively.
- Be able to identify the needs of colleagues and customers and satisfy them.
- Demonstrate astute commercial awareness, collecting data to make sound commercial decisions.
- Be able to complete cost/benefit analysis and negotiate cost effectively with suppliers and customers.
- Experience with AV projects in the Museum, Themed Entertainment Industry, and high-end Corporate markets preferred.
- Understand the market and how to position AV products to client requirements.
- Is highly motivated for securing business, sales and is results driven.
- Demonstrate a level of AV engineering skills and apply them in the role.
- Work well within a team, be able to share ideas and views, listen to others and be receptive to their ideas and views.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality standards, ensuring all work is completed on time and to the highest standard whilst complying with Standards, Policy, and Procedures.
- Have some engineering or technical experience in Audio Visual markets.
- Demonstrate initiative, seek out assignments and ensure they are completed on time.
- Demonstrate a reasonable understanding of the following: AV Room Design; AMX / Crestron control products; Projection and display products; Audio products; Video conferencing technology and video audio distribution.